Updated: Aug 2
1. Choose a Theme: Decide on a theme for your nursery. This will help you narrow down your design choices and create a cohesive look.
2. Determine the Layout: Think about the size of the room and determine how you want to layout the furniture and decor.
3. Select Your Paint Color: Choose a color for the walls that is calming and serene. Avoid bright colors that may be too stimulating for a baby.
4. Choose a Crib: When selecting a crib, make sure that it meets safety standards and regulations.
5. Buy a Changing Table: Make sure the changing table is the correct size for the space. This is where you will be changing and diapering the baby.
6. Invest in a Glider or Rocking Chair: A comfortable chair or glider is essential for rocking the baby to sleep.
7. Add Storage: Add storage to the nursery to keep it organized. You'll need a place to store diapers, wipes, clothing, toys, and other baby items.
8. Choose Some Wall Art: Hang some art or wall decor to add personality to your nursery.
9. Select the Right Lighting: Choose lighting that is bright enough for diaper changes and dim enough for bedtime.
10. Choose a Rug: Add a rug to the nursery for a cozy feel and to provide insulation against cold floors.